forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Addi <a...@rocktreesky.com>
Subject Re: user-friendly plugin names
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 17:56:30 GMT
Diwaker Gupta wrote:

>The naming convention for the plugins is fine, but I think it would be nice if
>users are able to declare required plugins using simpler names like "pdf",
>"text", "docbook" and so on.
>
>We can figure out what simple names exactly to use later. I just wanted to see
>what people feel about this? It should be trivial to implement (though I have
>_no_ clue how! :-D), and I think it'll make config much less intimidating
>(even I get scared typing org.apache.forrest.input.viewHelper.xhtml.ls)
>
>Diwaker

Yup, I have to say I agree.  It is also a pain when going to the plugin
dir in linux to manually install the plugin because I like to use tab to
finish out long filenames but I pretty much have to type the whole thing
in since they all start with the same long name before getting to the
actual useful part of the name.

- Addi