forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Quick evaluation of Cocoon Portal Engine as forrest:views implementation
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:46:18 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi schrieb:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>

>>But I just wanted to add that each and every portal has its own
>>description mechanism, Jetspeed uses its psml, Cocoon has the layout
>>description etc. In the case of the cocoon portal, even this language is
>>pluggable, so you can use your own one if you want. (I hope noone shouts
>>FS now :) )
>

> Actually no, because this is exactly what we want to do, so it's useful
> ATM :-)
>
> Just a hint: how to plug it in?

There is a component for it: the ProfileLS (Profile load/save - lame
name, I know). The current implementation uses castor to read the xml
files, in fact it uses a castor component which reads the xml and
converts them to objects.
Now you can either write your own ProfileLS, or use a different mapping
component.

HTH
Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de