forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: simplified docbook plugin
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 09:46:14 GMT
[moved from user list]

David Crossley wrote:
> Phillip Evans wrote:

>>I suppose it is possible to modify input.xmap so that will accept
>>sdocbook-v1.1 as well?
>>
>>Where should that be done?
>

> You could alter the input.xmap in the
> FORREST_HOME/build/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.simplifiedDocbook
> Search for the term "sdocbook-v1.0" (it occurs twice) and
> add similar handling for "sdocbook-v1.1".
>
> However, there is more to it than that. You also need
> to provide the DTDs for sdocbook-v1.1
>
> There is more information about this process at
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/your-project.html#adding_new_content_type_2
> except that you are doing your changes in the plugin
> rather than in the core.
>
> You might also need to provide a different
> sdocbook2document.xsl stylesheet because i presume
> sdocbook 1.1 is different to sdocbook 1.0

There are a couple of sdocbook releases that we don't currently support
(v1.1 and v4.1.2.5 - that later may be the same as the former as v1.1 is
not available from OASIS).

Since we do not fully support even sdocbook v1.0 I propose adding these
new versions to the plugin along with a note in the docs that support is
not complete and issues should be raised on Jira to enable us to improve
support.

That is, I do not plan to write a new stylesheet for this at this stage.

Are people OK with me committing these changes (lazy consensus in
operation).

Ross