forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Quick evaluation of Cocoon Portal Engine as forrest:views implementation
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:53:44 GMT
Ross Gardler schrieb:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>Here I read: http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/psml.html
>>
>> "page layout is not a part of the Java Portlet Standard API"

Due to time constraints I wasn't able to follow all of these discussions
- sorry.
But I just wanted to add that each and every portal has its own
description mechanism, Jetspeed uses its psml, Cocoon has the layout
description etc. In the case of the cocoon portal, even this language is
pluggable, so you can use your own one if you want. (I hope noone shouts
FS now :) )

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/