forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Platform-specific svn diffs for three build/site/skin/*.css files
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 23:55:45 GMT
This is minor, so unless you're curious and have bandwidth, don't worry.
I had an opportunity to mention this to David Crossley at ApacheCon and
he suggested pinging the list.

This occurs on forrest 0.6.

I originally committed Derby web site (http://db.apache.org/derby) files
on a linux machine.  The repo is at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/site/trunk .

If you build the site on a Windows machine, svn says there are diffs for
3 out of the 5 generated build\site\skin\*.css files:

    C:\jta\...\trunk>svn status build\site\skin
    M      build\site\skin\print.css
    M      build\site\skin\screen.css
    M      build\site\skin\basic.css

All of the style sheets have svn:eol-style set to native:

    C:\jta\...\trunk\build\site\skin>svn propget svn:eol-style *.css
    basic.css - native
    page.css - native
    print.css - native
    profile.css - native
    screen.css - native

The main thing I notice is print.css, screen.css, and basic.css don't
have a newline at the end of the file, while page.css and profile.css do.

And it doesn't cause a problem -- just confusion as other Derby
developers build the web site and try to understand what changed.

Does this ring a bell to anyone?

thanks,

  -jean

p.s. the derby release monster will commit web site changes on windows
probably tomorrow, after which I expect linux to show diffs
p.p.s. next on my list is to upgrade to derby site to 0.7 ....