forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: [Views] Progress with pelt look'n feel
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 12:05:26 GMT
Thorsten Scherler a écrit :

>:)
>
>Nice to hear that you make progress.
>
>On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 11:03 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>    I would like to share my work with pelt skin applied to views.
>>    But I have made few things to make it work and I want to talk with you.
>>    I changed the pelt skin in order to :
>>
>>1 - Be able to - easily - retrieve some parts of the document such as :
>>
>>    * The real content - without export links, title, subtitle,
>>      abstract, author...
>>    * The author of the page...
>>
>>    To do this I had to add some div tags to embed the searched part.
>>
>>2 - Use standard - that is existing - templates :
>>
>>    * The tabs are marked "nav-main" and "nav-main-sub" in the
>>      leather-skin whereas they are marked "tabs" and "level2tabs" in pelt.
>>
>>          To do this I copy tab2menu.xsl from the leather-dev skin to
>>use the same and I have updated the css files.
>>

>Ok, I know what you did. You have set your project.skin to pelt, right?

Of course I have ! Else, how can my view make the difference with
leather-dev views and templates ?
I don't know if you remember, but I have modified the output.xmap and
internal.xmap of org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml
plugin in order to
take into account the templates - or the css files - in the

resources/templates/{forrest:skin}
or in
resources/skin/css/{forrest:skin}

This allow me to use the same contracts name and some time to override them in the skin subdir.
cf. http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112253944215001&w=2

>That is not the idea, pelt should not be touched. Everything is based on
>leather-dev. I am thinking about moving views back to leather. I am
>still thinking how to but I reckon it would be better.

Ok, If did not do anything and realise - little by little - that I was
using the tab2menu.xsl and document2html.xsl from the pelt skin.
As I told, I quickly take the leather-dev tab2menu.xsl, so for this
part, I have already done what you wanted me to do ;-) .

>>I think that these changes are not important but they may impact sites
>>with deep customization.
>>

>Actually we should not touch "old fashion" skins. I would like to keep
>them like they are.

Ok,

>>WDYT ?
>>(That is can I propose you a patch of the pelt skin in order to
>>facilitate the views generation ?)
>>

>See above pelt.fv should be based on the "leather-dev" and *not* the
>"pelt" skin. Pelt.fv and pelt.css are a theme/skin for views (or
>leather-dev).

Ok, As I told before, when i started I didn't know what should be the
normal behaviour of views.
So I was not really surprise to see that some of pelt sheets were used...

I am waiting for your modification :
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&w=2&r=1&s=back+roots&q=b.
I hope I will use leather-des sheets (at least for tab2menu.xsl and
document2html.xsl...) and be able to set my skin with

project.skin property.
(And if you don't like this, we can change the name but it has to be taken into account by
the output.xmap and internal.xmap files in order to be able to select the templates and css
sheets.

Regards,
Cyriaque,