forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Views...back to the roots? long live leather?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 10:50:10 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hello devs,
>
> just a quick RT.
>
> I consider moving all view related code that is spread over several
> plugins back to leather-dev from where we started. I see a chance to use
> our "old fashion" skin mechanism and still the new view concept.
>
> Like I always said it is "just" exchanging the last skin pipe, now that
> I as well can do from the skin. On the other hand I extended the
> aggregation of the this "last" step and I am unsure whether I can do
> that in the core.
 >
> I mean:
>        <map:aggregate element="site">
>           <map:part src="cocoon://skinconf.xml"/>
>           <map:part src="cocoon://build-info"/>
>           <map:part src="cocoon://tab-{1}.html"/>
>           <map:part src="cocoon://menu-{1}.html"/>
>           <map:part src="cocoon://body-{1}.html"/>
>           <map:part src="cocoon:/prepare.view-nugget.{1}"/>
>         </map:aggregate>

I think you can do this in the internal plugin and it will override
core. If not Daniel showed me something in Cocoon head that should allow
this overriding to work. Problem is we can't use Cocoon head until the
CLI issue that Cheche reported is fixed (it is being looked at).

I'm not keen on us doing anything in core until we have decided how to
implement this. If the plugin approach doesn't work then I'd sugggest a
branch (or carry on as we are for a little while longer).

Ross