forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: RefDoc - Neutral XML Document Format Input/Current State]
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 10:06:46 GMT

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/gsoc/rgraham/refdoc/

> One of the interesting possibilities is to generate examples automagically.
> For instance by correlating the Java source file for a Cocoon Generator with
> its usage in a processing pipeline.

Yes, I'll pass this over (of course, if devs are particularly interested
you can communicate directly with Robert on the Cocoon list).

> w.r.t Forrest, it would be nice to have a way of generating more friendly
> documentation of the DTDs. The current DTD documentation is good, but I think
> it could get better. Right now its a very "mechanical" kind of documentation
> -- just listing the attributes and children and parents and so on. A little
> more annotated DTD documentation would be great (what does each element mean,
> what are recommended usages and so on).

I suspect this would be out of the scope of this project because DTD's
are not XML files and therefore would need a whole new parsing system.

It's a great idea though so I will passs that on as well.

Ross