forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: [<div/> again]
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 09:58:24 GMT
Thorsten Scherler a écrit :

>On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 10:19 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>

>>Cyriaque Dupoirieux a écrit :
>>

>>>Ok, I think there is a problem - or at least something different -
>>>with cocoon transformations during views generation process.
>>>
>>>If I generate the site with the skin (not the view plug in) I have :
>>>
>>>   * <div id="credit"></div>
>>>
>>>       * Because the style sheet does :
>>>       * <div id="credit">
>>>             o Credits calculation, but I have none...
>>>       * </div>
>>>
>>>   * <div class="clear both">&nbsp;</div>
>>>
>>>       * Because the style sheet does :
>>>       * <div class="clearboth">&#160;</div>
>>>

>Why is that happening in skins and not in views?
>
>Maybe it is the sitemap.serializer.xhtml, because I just changed the
>serializer to "html" and get:
>
>That means we have to look into the xhtml serializer to get our &nbsp;.

No, as I said in my previous mail, the idea of the empty div tag filled
with an &nbsp; is not good.
We have to skip them...

>>>This is not the same behavior :
>>>
>>>   * First, an empty div tag is kept with this form <div></div>
>>>   * Second, the &#160; appears like &nbsp; in my source code which is
>>>     what is expected (and not [Â ]).
>>>

>>I think I am the only one to have this problem since I am the only one
>>to participate to this thread ;-) .
>>

>Thx for ignoring me ;-)

Sorry,

>>Anyway, here is what I think - When we put a hook in an *.fv file :
>>
>>    * There is a css problem if the hook is transformed into an empty
>>    * There is also a problem when we add a blank (&#160;) because if
>>      the defined style has a background color, the tag <div
>>      ...>&#160;</div> appears in the page as a box with the background
>>      color
>>
>>So, the solution would be to skip the hook generation when the content
>>is empty.
>>Something like :
>>
>>|<xsl:choose>
>>    <xsl:when test="normalize-space(.)">
>>      ... Generation of div tag and content ...
>>    </xsl:when>
>>    <xsl:otherwise>
>>      ... Skip the generation ...
>>    </xsl:otherwise>
>></xsl:choose>|
>>
>>But I don't know exactly where to put this control ?
>>

>/home/thorsten/apache/forrest-trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view/resources/stylesheets/hooksMatcher.xsl
>
>...but it is not that easy because normally you will have
><forrest:hook name="test">
>  <forrest:contract name="testData"/>
></forrest:hook>
>
>Now what you would have to do is to test whether the *transfomed*
>presentation model of the contract (remember a contract is right now
>only a xsl viewHelper template) will return something. You may test it
>via a xsl:variable but I am not sure.
>
>The hooksMatcher.xsl got imported in the prepare.xhtml.xsl all in the
>internal view plugin.

Maybe we can do this in two phases :

    * First the prepare.xhtml.sxl (including hooksMatcher.xsl) generates
      what he has to generate.
    * Second, another sheet clean the generated code by removing empty
      div tags ?

Cyriaque,

>HTH
>
>salu2