forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: [<div/> again]
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 08:19:49 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux a écrit :

> Ok, I think there is a problem - or at least something different -
> with cocoon transformations during views generation process.
>
> If I generate the site with the skin (not the view plug in) I have :
>
>    * <div id="credit"></div>
>
>        * Because the style sheet does :
>        * <div id="credit">
>              o Credits calculation, but I have none...
>        * </div>
>
>    * <div class="clear both">&nbsp;</div>
>
>        * Because the style sheet does :
>        * <div class="clearboth">&#160;</div>
>
> This is not the same behavior :
>
>    * First, an empty div tag is kept with this form <div></div>
>    * Second, the &#160; appears like &nbsp; in my source code which is
>      what is expected (and not [Â ]).

I think I am the only one to have this problem since I am the only one
to participate to this thread ;-) .
Anyway, here is what I think - When we put a hook in an *.fv file :

    * There is a css problem if the hook is transformed into an empty
    * There is also a problem when we add a blank (&#160;) because if
      the defined style has a background color, the tag <div
      ...>&#160;</div> appears in the page as a box with the background
      color

So, the solution would be to skip the hook generation when the content
is empty.
Something like :

|<xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="normalize-space(.)">
      ... Generation of div tag and content ...
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
      ... Skip the generation ...
    </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>|

But I don't know exactly where to put this control ?

Regards,
Cyriaque,

> Cyriaque,
>
> Cyriaque Dupoirieux a écrit :
>
>> Thorsten Scherler a écrit :

>>> http://www.html-world.de/program/html_sz.php
>>>
>>> It is in german, but you will understand. ;-)
>>>
>>> Did you try with &#32;? What is the outcome? I will try after work.
>>
>> It gives this :
>>
>> So I prefer &#160; :-P
>>
>> You know, I don't really understand why browsers are disturbed by
>> empty <div/> tags.
>> But it is a fact, and I have a proof !
>>
>> Have a look here :
>> http://cyriaque.dupoirieux.free.fr/testviews1/testDiv.html