forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: [Fwd: RefDoc - Neutral XML Document Format Input/Current State]
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 07:37:01 GMT
Diwaker Gupta a écrit :

>This sounds exciting. Do we have access to any example/samplout output of
>RefDoc?
>
>One of the interesting possibilities is to generate examples automagically.
>For instance by correlating the Java source file for a Cocoon Generator with
>its usage in a processing pipeline.
>
>w.r.t Forrest, it would be nice to have a way of generating more friendly
>documentation of the DTDs. The current DTD documentation is good, but I think
>it could get better. Right now its a very "mechanical" kind of documentation
>-- just listing the attributes and children and parents and so on. A little
>more annotated DTD documentation would be great (what does each element mean,
>what are recommended usages and so on).

Excellent idea, I remember - when I was young - that I spent lot of time
to understand how I could have the former link and fork behaviour
whereas we only have <a> tag in document-v20.
Maybe a little comment of the author used to be displayed in the
generated documentation should have helped me...

Cyriaque,