forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [LEFO] Marrying Forrest and Lenya
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 04:36:30 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> >
> >>If you wonder what [lefo] means:
> >>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112013695014297&w=2
> >
> >Please explain what is going on. Has somebody set up
> >special mail alias that sends the same reply to both
> >Lenya and Forrest dev lists?
>
> No special list yet. The suggestion has surfaced again on the lenya
> mailing list. Michi (Lenya dev who posted this "test") suggested that in
> the meantime we use the forrest list and preface the subject line with
> [LEFO].

Decisions regarding Forrest need to happen on our list.

The idea of the tag was so that we all know that
the message went to a special virtual list.

That is not the case, so we don't need the tag.

We already discussed in another thread that Ferdinand
raised, that we don't need special tags. Rather we
use well-chosen subject titles.

> This is came about because Thorsten is creating a publication for
> Forrest to use on our instance of Lenya in their zone. SOme of the Lenya
> devs want to track what we are doing as they hope to move some of the
> work into the default Lenya pub.
>
> This is also why Thorsten called a vote to give Lenya commiters access
> to our SVN, we have been given access to Lenya so we can make changes we
> need to integrate Forrest. They want access so that they can make
> changes to the Forrest publication for Lenya (which is to be housed in
> our SVN since).

Then why doesn't that publication remain in the
Lenya repository?

-David