forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Automated formatting of XML files
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:10:43 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> Some time ago I proposed that this clean-up step could be part of the
> release process. So that, for example, when the code goes into freeze a
> designated committer runs a number of scripts that do this clean up on
> all code in the repository using a script and a standard tool.

Good idea. We forget that answers are often
in the mail archives.

There is still the same problem. When developers
who use the trunk have any local changes, then
they get conflicts when 'svn up'.

Anyway, this would be the best time to do it.
Developers should have already contributed most changes.

-David