forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: updating the public forrest web site
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:20:15 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Tim Williams wrote:
> >Do we have a document equivalent to this?
> >http://incubator.apache.org/howtoparticipate.html#Project+Website+Howto

The general instructions are the similar, except we don't
have a server-side installation where occasional people
can generate a site.

> /etc/publishing_our_site.txt
>
> I *think* this is up to date, David will tell us if it is not (right
> after he recovers from fainting at the shock of someone helping with his
> many management tasks ;-)

:-) ... i will answer this thread immediately.

That uses the forrestbot to do it. I have been seeing a problem
recently whereby it only commits new files, not changed ones,
unless i remove the build directory and get forrestbot to
start afresh. So i have resorted to the manual method,
which i actually like because one can see the changes.

I answered this topic again recently ... rumages through archives:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112374964332446

Lets make a doc for that.

-David