forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FOR-592 - pelt and i18n clarifications
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:42:52 GMT
Gav.... wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> | We were using that i18n fix as an excercise
> | for you to understand the core processing.
> | I reckon that we should take the easy route
> | with the suggestion to add a special transformer
> | at the end to strip out <text> tags.
> |
> | I can try that if you would rather get on with
> | the CSS.
>
> Thats up to you, if you want to clear the issue out and
> get it closed.

Okay, that is done now.

> I am understanding more than I did when
> I first started investigating i18n, but as you can see I
> have not rectified it yet so I still have some way to go.
> I would have liked the satisfaction of getting this one
> licked, but I seem to be diverting on to easier tasks
> and not concentrating on this one. I am sure I will
> understand this and other harder stuff in the future.

Thanks for your help with this issue though.
We are now closer to valid html, down from 4 errors
to one.

I am glad that you learned something out of the
exercise. The sitemap processing will probably
be revised and simplified when we implement the
XHTML2 as the internal structure.

-David