forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: resume plugin with dtdx plugin
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:24:56 GMT
Moving this over from the user list. More below ...

David Crossley wrote:
> Kevin wrote:
> >
> > I like the resume plugin and it's collation of skillsets from
> > a team. Is there a simple way of presenting one resume without
> > using the team directory structure?
> >
> > Resume xml validate in forrest build process fine using catalogs
> > to find the dtd. I used the dtdx plugin to try and expand the
> > resume dtd so I could see the structure. It failed so I ended up
> > copying the resume dtd to forrest core because of:
> >
> >   <map:generate type="nekodtd"
> > src="{forrest:context}/resources/schema/dtd/{2}.dtd">
>
> The dtdx plugin was started by extracting our
> existing facility out of the core. It was only
> intended to display our own document-v* DTDs.
>
> It could be made more generic so that it can apply to
> any source.
>
> > Could the dtdx plugin use catalogs as in the validation process?
>
> Yes it certainly can. Any plugin can provide its own
> catalog and sets of resources. Only a couple of plugins
> have been configured so far.
>
> Also a project can provide its own catalog.
>
> Back to the dtdx plugin. That sounds like a great idea
> to use the catalog entity resolver to find the source.
>
> This is a topic for the dev list, so continued there.

It seems that the "nekodtd" generator
main/java/org/apache/forrest/xni/XNIConfigurableFileGenerator.java
does attempt to use the entity resolver. However i don't think
that it is. The log files seem to show that the other pieces
of the DTDs are found using the entity resolver (e.g. document-v20.mod)
but not the first file (e.g. document-v20.dtd).

Perhaps that generator needs some work.

-David