forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwa...@apache.org>
Subject [views] xsl:comment in templates
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 04:42:13 GMT
I'm writing a template which contains a <script> tag. Often <script> tags are
enclosed within regular HTML comments (<!-- and -->) to deal with browser
incompatibilities and so on. I'm trying to achieve this using xsl:comments in
my templates. However, it seems xsl:comments are completely ignored while
processing templates. I'm trying this:

<xsl:template name="custom-headers-head">
        <xsl:comment>this never shows up</xsl:comment>
</xsl:template>

The <meta> stuff comes out fine, but the xsl:comment is never rendered in the
HTML output. Any clues?
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net