forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwa...@apache.org>
Subject Automated formatting of Java files
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 07:23:00 GMT
Following up with our earlier discussion on whitespace cleanup, I have added
two "jalopied" Java source files in the test-whitespace directory. I would
urge the devs to take a look at both the original Java file and the formatted
file and see if it suits their tastes.

Please post any comments and suggestions in this thread. Bear in mind that
with Jalopy, almost *anything* is configurable. So if you find anything,
however small/trivial it is that you don't like, please let me know. Its a
great tool, so lets make the best use of it.

To see exactly what is configurable, take a look at:
http://jalopy.sourceforge.net/manual.html

As an example of things that it can do:

o automatically add/update headers (the Apache license, for instance. In
future if we have to change one line in the license, Jalopy will
automatically delete the old one and insert the new one)

o sorting/group of imports, methods, variables

o alignments, braces, spaces -- you name it!

o automatic javadoc generation, correction

--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net