forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Q: Placement of generators (FIXME in forrest.xmap )
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:09:53 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Any reason not to move these to sitemap.xmap?

This was discussed on the dev list a few weeks ago.
I think that the answer was that someone needs to go
through all the sitemaps, plugins included, and move
any common definitions up to the main core sitemap.
For all components, not just generators.

Any declaration that is not common but specific
to one particular sitemap, should probably remain
there. WDYT?

> > <!-- FIXME (JJP): This should not be here. Should be define on sitemap -->
> >   <map:generators default="file">
> >       <map:generator name="html"      src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator">
> >         <jtidy-config>WEB-INF/jtidy.properties</jtidy-config>
> >       </map:generator>
> >       <map:generator name="text2xml" logger="sitemap.generator.textgenerator"
> >                      src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.TextGenerator">
> >        <parameter name="localizable" value="true"/>
> >       </map:generator>
> >       <map:generator name="exception"
> >                   src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ParseExceptionGenerator"/>
> >
> >     </map:generators>
>
> And why are these already in sitemap.xmap but commented out?

Don't know. Does 'svn log' or 'svn blame' help?
They are obviously not used, so i would just remove them.

-David