forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: whitespace cleanup test
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:02:34 GMT
Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> Can we use something like Jalopy (http://jalopy.sf.net) to periodically clean
> up all the Java files? It doesn't need to be a Forrest. One of us can run it
> through once in a while (I'm happy to volunteer). I've used Jalopy in the
> past -- it works really well, its highly customizable, and has excellent Ant
> integration.

Jalopy was mentioned during that big cocoon-dev thread.
Follow the links from http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-644

For some reason, we decided not to use it. Perhaps because
periodic cleanups can still cause havoc for people who
are working on those files. A lot of Cocoon people gave
it good reviews, but warned that any such cleanup
needs to be very careful.

Another issue is that it is only for java files,
whereas most of our problems are in the XSLT files.

-David