forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject doc howto: be a developer (Was: svn commit: r233994)
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:20:13 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> This is essentially what I was hoping the Developers Guide would
> eventually be.

Tim refers to site-author/content/xdocs/developer-guide.xml

We talked a while ago about providing such documentation
and today we both added our partially finished work.

So now there is docs_0_80/howto/howto-dev.html

> I'm in favor of just removing the developers guide.
> This is good stuff.

We can merge the content. It seems to complement the howto.

Are people happy with the Howto format for this document?

The document will eventually grow too big, so some of the
topics should be split off into their own document.

We should also revise the contrib.html document. It was
borrowed from Cocoon and some sections removed to get it
published quickly. It could refer to these howto docs.

-David