forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest Tuesday (Was: Bug Days (Was Re: better use of Jira for Forrest))
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 05:03:03 GMT
On Thursday 18 August 2005 7:05 am, David Crossley wrote:
> In our earlier discussions, we agreed that we don't
> want to have the channel as a permanent means of
> communication. So i looked into how to restrict it.
> Just start a new channel at the beginning of the
> day with name like for-09 and it will close when
> the last one of us leaves at the end of the 24 hours.
> Simple.

+1

For a short turn around time and quick feedback, I think using IRC as a
temporary mode of communication is a great idea.

> Each meeting could either just concentrate on getting Jira
> under control or have a special topic like a group effort
> to move the core to use xhtml2.

More generally, we could identify a particular area to work on before hand.
That way we can sort of direct attention to some really needy-aspect that
might otherwise get left behind simply because no individual dev has a strong
enough itch to work on it.

Despite that, each BUG day should have some time devoted to cleaning up JIRA.
In the long run its critical that JIRA serves to guide us, and not confuse
us. Periodic cleaning should help.

> Also it is a place for us to get to know each
> other a little.

+1 :-)
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net