forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject stronger dev base before attract more users
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:58:55 GMT
Diwaker Gupta wrote:

> Talking about users, what do people think of doing a survey of Forrest users.

What would be the purpose of this survey?

> During the time that I've hung around the lists, I've noticed that often
> times people start in the user-list, then slowly migrate to the dev-list and
> some eventually end up as devs, which is just *great*.
>
> However, I do think that we need to put in some more efforts to publicize
> Forrest, make it more visible. Having an overlap between users and dev is not
> only good, but IMHO necessary, but we still need to expand our user base.

We need to be a little careful about this. At the moment
we do not have sufficient developers to support a rush
of new users. That will take time away from doing development.

I prefer to not publicize too widely at this stage,
rather let the base grow by itself.

When we are ready to make a fanfare, then the ASF Public
Relations Committee will help us to do that properly.

-David