forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Who we are] How to become an inactive commiter ;-)
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:06:46 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Johannes Schaefer a ?crit :
> >Ross Gardler schrieb:

> >>Good point, in fact I am not sure when we consider a committer inactive.
> >>On other projects it is not contributed directly (i.e. post to list,
> >>record an issue, contribute to docs, make a patch etc.) for six months.
>
> >>I don't see anything on our website about this. Is it recorded anywhere?

No. It is something that we still need to decide
as a project. As you will see, our f.a.o/guidelines.html
are not yet finished.

Six months since a commit sounds reasonable.
However as you can see from
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/who.html
no-one ever cleans up the list. I suppose that
could be something for the PMC chair to just do from
time-to-time.

> >Don't know about the others or documentation
> >but I put my name into inactive since I cannot
> >work on forrest these days ... hope I'll return,
> >soon (I'm on a cocoon adventure trip ;-)
> >
> I was precisely wandering why you were inactive, Johannes. (and I was
> wandering who decided to inactivate you :-( )

The best situation is as Johannes said. Put yourself
in the inactive list if you go away. Whenever you come
back then move yourself up.

-David