forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r230883 - /forrest/trunk/etc/cocoon_upgrade/build.xml
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 02:11:04 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Author: cheche
> > Date: Mon Aug  8 13:40:42 2005
> > New Revision: 230883

> >         =============================================================== -->
> >      <copy todir="${forrest.home}/lib/core">
> >        <fileset dir="${cocoon.home}/lib/core" defaultexcludes="yes">
> > +        <!-- FIXME: why jxpath upgrade has to be ignored?? -->
> >          <exclude name="commons-jxpath-*.jar"/>
>
> since the update I get:
> Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Cannot find class
> org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator for component at
> file:/home/thorsten/apache/forrest-trunk/build/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml/output.xmap:35:175
>
> I commented it out because ATM it is not used, anyway we need JX*. Any
> ideas what the problem is that Cheche is pointing out with the FIXME
> note?

Yes, i have already updated that file in trunk to clarify:

<!-- FIXME: The jxpath upgrade cannot be done.
          See issues FOR-405 and FOR-303 and dev mail list.
          commons-jxpath-1.2 causes errors with "site:" links
        -->

However, sorry i don't why this is happening *since*
the Cocoon upgrade. I wonder if that generator has moved
to a different cocoon block.

I just did a find|grep through all our source and the
only reference is in view and viewHelper plugins.

So why did it cause trouble for us before. I wonder if
it was used internally by Cocoon but not any more.

-David