forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest blog
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 07:04:57 GMT
On Sunday 07 August 2005 11:07 pm, David Crossley wrote:
> Also did you know that blogs of some Apache committers
> are aggregated at an independent http://planetapache.org/
> I don't blog, but those of you that do might want to join.
> It used to be in https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/
> See ./planet/README

Nope, didn't :) Thanks for the info, I'll definitely think about it.

> It would certainly be better to have it up-to-date
> and under our control. We can maintain that in our
> SVN at site-author as a raw unprocessed file.
>
> Lets start off small, with a manual one. Later it
> sounds like it would be a useful addition to
> our projectInfo input plugin, probably a companion
> output plugin.

I've created an initial file and attached in JIRA. Haven't committed it yet,
because I wasn't sure how to go about publishing it.. would a simple
<exclude> in our cli.xconf be enough?

> Can this file be of use beyond the codezoo context?

They have plans of integrating it with other open source directories (such as
Freshmeant). Codezoo is DOAP's first really large deployment, and I suspect
will attract a lot of attention. I won't be surprised if SF.net, FM and
others follow suit shortly.

Diwaker
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net