forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <>
Subject Re: keep private emails private (Was: Improving our welcome docs pitiful)
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 06:28:37 GMT
On Tuesday 09 August 2005 11:20 pm, David Crossley wrote:
> Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> > This is changing. Here's an excerpt from "News from the infrastructure
> > list" sent out on committers@a.o on 2005/07/18:
> Please do not take private emails into a public forum.

Sorry, my bad. I should have realized this when I couldn't find this email in
a public archive and had to dig it out of my mailbox... :-(

> > The easy solution right now is to use as your outgoing
> > mail server. ...
> Are you sure that Infra@ wants that to happen?

I don't really know. I figured that if Apache _is_ hosting an SMTP server
thats accepts connections on port 25 from anywhere, combined with the fact
that its hard to get other SMTP servers to relay @a.o emails, then it was
probably intended to be used that way. But I could be wrong.

Yep, I think its best to pursue this with infra directly, thanks for the note.

View raw message