forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stacktrace from LinkStatusGenerator when generating stack site from command-line
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 05:13:23 GMT
Hi Rasik,

I'm really interested in getting the Google sitemap functionality integrated
with Forrest. Though I'm not upto speed with what you have been trying, so
bear with me :)

On Monday 01 August 2005 12:21 pm, Rasik Pandey wrote:
> Has anyone seen the stacktrace below before with Forrest 0.6? Basically I
> am passing the LinkStatusGenerator my linkmap.html file so that it can
> crawl my site. After which, I can transform the result into a format
> compatible with google sitemaps. It works perfectly in a dynamic
> environment, but when attempting to generate a static site, I encounter the
> problem below.

[OT] there have been significant changes since Forrest 0.6 (we are currently
at 0.8-dev). Perhaps you might want to upgrade and work with the latest
version? That way its easier for us to push changes into Forrest.

At first glance, this looks like a Cocoon related error to me. Hopefully
someone more familiar with Cocoon will be able to help you out.

> ava.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: cli
> at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:574)
> at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:464)
> at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:413)
> at org.apache.cocoon.generation.LinkStatusGenerator.generate(
> LinkStatusGenerator.java:342)
> at
[snip]

Like I said, I'm really intersted in this. Could you post your current
implementation to the mailing list -- I'd love to try it out.

Thanks,
Diwaker
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net