forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Blaschke <mailing-li...@rblasch.org>
Subject Re: Deeper Look at Memory Issue, Maybe Successful [FOR-572]
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 07:17:50 GMT
Thursday, August 11, 2005, 4:21:50 AM, David Crossley wrote:
> Ron Blaschke wrote:
>> I've had another look at Forrest's memory issue, this time more
>> deeply.  I still only understand parts of it, and hope someone can
>> help fill in the missing pieces.
>>
>> Now, my question is: How do you guys usually proceed if you have
>> issues like this with Cocoon?

> Thanks so much for doing this Ron. The best thing would
> be to create an issue at Cocoon's issue tracker [1].
[snip]

Thanks, will do.

> Using your workaround, do you still see the massive slowdown
> with Forrest building "site-author" that we are seeing after
> our recent Cocoon upgrade [2]?

Yes, not much of a change.  The plain numbers on my box are:

  Original: Total time: 20 minutes 8 seconds
  Modified: Total time: 19 minutes 46 seconds

These numbers are from Forrest revision 231407, using JRE 5.

> [2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=112357127600001
> "Reducing Forrest build time"

Thanks, this thread also answers my mediator question.

I'll run a CPU profile for this second issue, maybe some hints show
up.

Ron