forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Blaschke <mailing-li...@rblasch.org>
Subject Re: Profiling Forrest [FOR-572]
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:55:33 GMT
Friday, August 26, 2005, 9:23:38 AM, David Crossley wrote:

> Ron Blaschke wrote:
[snip profiler stuff]

> Some Forrest developers definitely want to see these
> numbers and do want to get their hands dirty with Cocoon.
> There must be a lot that we can do to speed it up, e.g.
> tune our cache; more efficient sitemap processing; etc.

Good.  I could provide instructions how to set things up for debugging
with IntelliJ IDEA, and profiling with Yourkit Java Profiler, if you'd
like.

[snip benchmark site]

> Good stuff Ron. How shall we proceed? I could get the
> shell of a benchmark site started ('forrest seed-benchmark').

Sounds good to me.  This would make it easy for plugins to get their
own benchmark site, if they need one.

Should I have a look how the Cocoon profiler block can be integrated?
That is, if it is possible to make a plugin, or if the would need to
put it into the seeded benchmark site.

Ron