forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Blaschke <mailing-li...@rblasch.org>
Subject Re: Profiling Forrest [FOR-572]
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 18:34:07 GMT
Monday, August 29, 2005, 5:21:07 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> Ron Blaschke wrote:
>> David Crossley wrote:

>> Currently, I am wondering about three things:
>> - How can the top level pipes be replaced with their profiling
>> counterparts, without too much hassle?

> Perhaps this is possible using an input.xmap
> in the plugin. However i don't understand what
> you mean by "top level".

I was thinking about the map:pipes in sitemap.xmap.  Can these be
changed globally by a plugin?  Only those parts that are processed
through the profiling pipelines can be seen in the profile.html.

If I understand things correctly, the profiling pipelines put the
collected data into a global store.  This data can be extracted by a
profile generator, and tranformed into HTML through some transformers.

>> - For static site generation, profile.html would need to be the
>> last page generated.

> Normally that order cannot be specified. I wonder if
> the java code of the LinkGatherer can be enhanced
> to put it last.

Another way would be to add it to the files requested from Cocoon, in
site.xml, like below.  But I guess this would only be a temporary
workaround.

<java classname="org.apache.cocoon.Main"
  <arg value="${project.start-uri}"/>
  <arg value="profile.html"/>
</java>

Ron