forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Re: use of whiteboard in forrest
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2005 23:45:38 GMT
On Sat, 2005-08-27 at 14:51 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> >
> >>c) refactoring of "old" code into a new version which would break the
> >>usability of the old code while refactoring.
> >

> > I think that would be better done in a branch.
> +1

Actually I was referring to your example of refactoring the Daisy
plugin. I have chosen different wording I have to admit.

IMO branches should only be used if necessary. Refactoring code not
always have to be done in branches. If they are components that can be
capsuled then they should be refactored in "incubation". That is more
efficient (I do not have to check out a whole branch).

Core code normally do not allow that, another good reason to try to make
the core as small as possible.

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

View raw message