forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Making Forrest serve Lenya content
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:51:03 GMT
On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 23:16 +0200, Joachim Breitsprecher wrote:
> Gregor J. Rothfuss schrieb:
> > Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> >
> >> Anyway IMO we should just add a xdocs doctype to the lenya default pub
> >> and directly serving xdocs.
> >> That would allow to handle the content more efficient.
> >

> > nah, the default publication is supposed to be simple and widely
> > useable, so xdocs is too much of a niche. then again, with the move to
> > xhtml2 that should not be necessary anyway.
> >

> I agree. IMO Lenya should serve whatever doctypes the implementor chose.
> Let Forrest's input plugins do the rest.

Agreed, anyway IMO we have to get rid of the table based layout of lenya
sites that is a nightmare for cleaning up and applying your own design.

...and I should not have said default but doco because this is my
motivation for doing the integration of lenya and forrest, because I do
not have a project around that anymore. ;-)

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"