forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scher...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Development process and a stable trunk
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:50:43 GMT
On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 07:28 +0200, Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

> 5 As a supportive measure, clearly mark threads in this list when they
>   deal with a particular branch

+1

> so that people not working on that
>   issue can safely ignore it.

-1

All PMC members should feel responsible for *all* issues of forrest. My
background is certainly views where I am the position of *not* ignoring
this threads but sometimes it seems to me that the rest is doing it.

That cannot keep on in the future. Let me give you an example why not.
Imaging I have a car accident and dead (very drastic example I have to
admit but it is possible). Now all forrest devs are kindly ignoring the
[views] thread, what is happening then?

Luckily there are some other devs that have started using views but
developing them? The answer is that Diwaker and Cyriaque are the only
ones beside me that contributed to the code base. Still I am the only
one that is developing the views core.

IMO views will be one of the major reasons for user to use forrest. We
need more devs that are helping to develop the core and not
"people not working on that issue can safely ignore it."

salu2
--
Thorsten Scherler