forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject [Discuss] Seed targets - publication templating
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:19:46 GMT
Hi devs,

last time I called the vote was because we discussed the same issue with
a slightly different outcome. Anyway, we ended the last vote with a new
proposal:

1 - seed-simple (basic site with minimal content, ideal for starting
your own site)

-> I would prefer "seed-basic".

2 - seed-business (basic business template site, ideal for starting a
business site)

3 - seed-sample (a demonstration site that describes key functionality
within Forrest) -> our forrest seed right now.

The idea of interactive seeds are really nice and the seed-business
already contains an example. Now I think that each "normal" target,
should be invokable as interactive target as well.

Like "seed-basic -q".

With this step the traditional "seed" has another meaning. The "seed"
part now stands for the component publication templating and not *one*
specific target. That is why a year ago (I cannot find the thread) we
said the best would be to deprecate this target.

Another thing is that lenya 1.4.x brings publication templating through
the usecase-fw (framework). That means that through a webinterface you
can invoke the seeding of new publications. In general the usecase-fw is
a very interesting component of lenya. IMO forrest would benefit to
adopt the codebase and enable usecase within forrest. Like lenya will
benefit from adapting plugins.

http://lenya.apache.org/1_4/reference/usecase-framework/index.html

--
thorsten