forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using the plugin status.xml (Was: svn commit: r233401)
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:13:56 GMT
On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 12:46 +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> I think that notes about changes like this should go into
> the status.xml in each plugin, and keep this top-level
> status for high-level notes about major changes in
> each plugin.

Thanks for bringing this up, David.

In general I agree with you because normally you make changes only in
the plugin. That means you just use one status.xml.

Now in the case of views I have 3 different plugins and since views is
growing to the core as well the main webapp status.xml. Like with the
documentation of views that are *too* many places. It is very hard to
follow what is going on if you force somebody that is interested in
views to check 4 different status.xml.

BTW most of the changes I made, *are* major and this will not change
till we refactored all the views code (where possible) to java
components like I started with this commit.

I would like to propose a component based status for views.

status-views.xml - this would be the status file for all views related
changes to the 3 plugins and core.

WDYT?
--
thorsten