forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Views] Progress with pelt look'n feel
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 18:44:40 GMT
On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 17:21 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I have updated my experimental "Pelt with view" site.
>     What's new :
>
>     * The site use the leather-dev skin, that is the XHTML is no more
>       comming from the Pelt skin as I told you in a previous mail :
>       (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&w=2&r=1&s=%5BViews%5D+Progress+with+pelt+look%27n+feel&q=b)
>           o (Thorsten told me I was in the wrong way, so changed - But I
>             didn't know I was :-) )

Wait, it was just my idea that I had in the back of my head. Your
approach was good as gold. The only thing that we needed to change was
not to use forrest.skin but e.g. forrest.theme to have both
view-theming/old-fashion-skinning.

The site structure you have proposed is well thought. I never asked for
a patch because I hoped that you get faster your commit access. ;-)
Anyway to make sure that your work is getting ASAP into views, I like to
ask you to submit a patch. I am keen to play around with it and maybe
can help with the remaining issues.

>     * Since the XHTML is the same for both skins, I add leather-dev
>       style sheets as alternate skins in my pelt.fv - just to see what
>       happens

:) that is way cool, dude. When I switched the styles I was surprised
that you actually made it to have two different themes in the site. :)
That rocks! :)

> To test it, I recommand you use firefox and this extension :
> http://olab.free.fr/OLab/download.php?logiciel=stylesheetchooser_plus,
> which adds a button to use alternate skins and keep the selected skin
> during the navigation between pages...
> (Or whatever browser which correctly manages alternate style sheets,
> that is not IE6...)
>
> Hope you like it,
> Cyriaque,
>
> PS : I still have problems with menu layout, but I am sure it's easy for
> css experts...

Add it to the issue tracker and we all can have a look how to fix that.

Thanks for your work and I am looking forward to see the code. ;-)

salu2

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"