forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problem with javascript in contracts
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 09:25:13 GMT
On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 10:31 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Diwaker Gupta a écrit :
>
> >I'm trying to make a contract for google maps. Here's the problem I'm facing:
> >
> >Something like this in the contract works:
> >http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api
> >
> >But this fails:
> >http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=1
> >                                   ^^^
> >After plenty of trial and error, I think I'm pretty sure that the ampersand
> >symbol is causing problems. I'm trying to figure out where to start looking
> >-- Thorsten, can you help? :-)
> >

> Diwaker, can you explain us exactly what you want to do with your contract ?
> I am not Thorsten but I have already used such a url to include a
> counter in my page...

I am Thorsten. ;-) jeje

You need to escape the "&". It depends on your contract but the subject
is javascript in contracts.
http://www.salesianer.de/util/alert-umlaute.html It is a german side,
just add the text in the form an press "Code anzeigen".

http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=1
gives
alert(unescape("http%3A//maps.google.com/maps%3Ffile%3Dapi%26v%3D1"));

If you use plain xml then refer to
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/dtd_module_defs.html#a_xhtml_character_entities

Like said by Cyriaque: "can you explain us exactly what you want to do
with your contract ?"

HTH

salu2

--