forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] Views...back to the roots? long live leather?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 10:28:56 GMT
Hello devs,

just a quick RT.

I consider moving all view related code that is spread over several
plugins back to leather-dev from where we started. I see a chance to use
our "old fashion" skin mechanism and still the new view concept.

Like I always said it is "just" exchanging the last skin pipe, now that
I as well can do from the skin. On the other hand I extended the
aggregation of the this "last" step and I am unsure whether I can do
that in the core.

I mean:
       <map:aggregate element="site">
          <map:part src="cocoon://skinconf.xml"/>
          <map:part src="cocoon://build-info"/>
          <map:part src="cocoon://tab-{1}.html"/>
          <map:part src="cocoon://menu-{1}.html"/>
          <map:part src="cocoon://body-{1}.html"/>
          <map:part src="cocoon:/prepare.view-nugget.{1}"/>
        </map:aggregate>

I see the advantage that:
- views is getting back to core
- views are easier to use and develop
- views are married *only* with leather-dev
- clarification that views is a skin. Yes it is, a meta skin, that can
emulate any given skin. ;-)

WDYT?
--
thorsten