forrest-dev mailing list archives

From br_ga...@e-wire.net.au
Subject Re: [Proposal] Development process and a stable trunk
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:16:32 GMT
Just to sort of answer one part of this at the moment :-

> I have an uncomfortable gut feeling with the current status of our
> pre-release version and I'd like your feedback on these concerns and
> my suggestions to change our process.
>
> My concerns with the current situation:
>
> - in the last few month a number of exciting major projects
>   (location maps, views, i18n, change of cocoon ...)and a number of
>   smaller ones have been developed (which is good!)
>
> - most of them have not been finished to the point of being releasable
>   and (so it seems to me) will not be for considerable time so it
>   seems like we won't be able to release quickly without a major clean-up
>   effort (which I consider bad).

Along with CSS , I am also working on some parts of i18n, mainly to get it
working to ensure a site with it enabled is still valid. Apart from that
AFAIK it works, only that it is not implemented for the whole site, only
parts of it. David has hinted that this will be some time away before the
rest of it gets implemented, but the base of it will be there and working
and should not get in the way of a release.

(I just need the <i18n:text>penny to drop</text> and I'll have a patch
shortly!)

Gav...