forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Quick evaluation of Cocoon Portal Engine as forrest:views implementation
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:36:25 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> When you mean using "Cocoon Portlets rather then views" and dropping the
> whole view implementation, then no. There is more to view then the scope
> of portlets.

It seems to me that you are a bit on the defensive side, and this mail
does not seem to be constructive.

My first reaction to the coplet stuff was "Forrest is not a portal!",
but then I tried to understand better, and it seems to make more sense.

I'm not saying that I want it, but I agree with Ross that there is some
interesting stuff there.

Maybe reading this could help in understanding why Forrest as a portal
could make sense:

Nicola Ken Barozzi
            - verba volant, scripta manent -