forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Locationmap fallback [was: svn commit: r209820]
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 06:47:32 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 16:16 +0200, Unico Hommes wrote:
>
>>Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>
>>>Unico Hommes wrote:
>>>To make it easier for you to use it indipendently from Forrest, we could
>>>add a separate ant target for building it and when we release Forrest,
>>>keep it as a separate jar.
>>
>>Okay, that would be nice.
>
> That is a good start but IMO it should become a block.

Blocks do not exist (yet), they are just separate jars. I know it
because I started it myself 8-)

So in fact, making the locationmap a separate jar, basically makes it a
"block".

In any case, when real blocks will arrive, the need to move the code to
Cocoon will be even less compelling, as anyone will use the block
regardless where it stands.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -