forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Locationmap fallback [was: svn commit: r209820]
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:59:37 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>[Slightly OT] I wonder if we should really consider donating this back
>>to Cocoon. I think this code is of use to a much wider audience than
>>Forrest and there may be more devs to maintain it there. We have people
>>here who are committers on Cocoon right?
>
> I would like to see this in Cocoon also. Currently I build my own
> version of the locationmap jar from the forrest sources using a local
> script but that's not very convenient.
>
> OTOH, if you decide to implement the mounting stuff, it would be much
> more convenient for you to leave it inside Forrest. (Assuming you don't
> have committer privs on Cocoon yourself?)
>
> Anyway, if you do decide to put this in cocoon then I could take care of it.

I appreciate your offer, but for the time being, I prefere that we keep
it here. We are the ones using it more, so it's better for it not to move.

To make it easier for you to use it indipendently from Forrest, we could
add a separate ant target for building it and when we release Forrest,
keep it as a separate jar.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -