forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rasik Pandey <rbpan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add support for Googles sitemap protocol?
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:12:22 GMT

> >> It's not the format of the document that is a problem, that part is
> >> easy. The hard part is knowing when the page has been regnerated
> because
> >> of a change.

(identifying a potential solution to the problem I identified here...)

> > Perhaps you can use the XPathDirectoryGenerator [1] to identify when
> > files were last modified?

My case uses dynamically generated xml files, so I don't think this is a
robust solution...? Are you familiar with
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/generators/linkstatus-generator.html ,
the documentation is skimpy, but it may be what we need to handle both
static and dynamic cases.

> As for using RSS, when we originally discussed this RSS was not one of
> > the supported formats, hence we did not discuss it as an option.
> > However, it certainly has advantages over a proprietary Google schema.
> > So +1 for using that if you intend on implementing this.

I think both the google and RSS formats are simple enough to provide.
Although, I may need some assistance to know how to build in hooks from
skinconf.xml to the sitemap format generation.
Regards,
Rus
http://www.discountdracula.com