forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rasik Pandey <>
Subject Re: Add support for Googles sitemap protocol?
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:01:42 GMT
> > It's not the format of the document that is a problem, that part is
> > easy. The hard part is knowing when the page has been regnerated because
> > of a change.

True especially in my case were 90% of my pages are generated from rss or
xml data feeds funneled through my project sitemap.xmap.

>The minimum required by Google, i.e those marked requried in the following:

In our case, <loc> and <changefreq> (as long as there is no dependency on the

value of <lastmod>) would seem to be the best options given we don't have a
solid solution for the last-modified date.

> >> Why not use the
> >>
> ?
> > Why not indeed. Thanks for the pointer.

I already have a functioning version of this abs-linkmap --> linkmap.rss and
abs-linkmap --> sitemap.xml, but this ,,
may be handy for building absolute urls between the dynamic and static

One more question, how can I force Forrest to generate files like
linkmap.rss and/or sitemap.xml without having links to them from my pages or
my site.xml?

View raw message