forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Improving our [proposal] Forrest Wiki
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:21:50 GMT
I understand Diwaker's unhappiness about our mailing lists as one
major source of permanent information and believe that it would help
to find an easy way of extracting important parts of on-list discussions
into some kind of structured system.

However in my view this would require somebody willing to do the
editing of such a repository on an ongoing basis or otherwise we'd
just end up searching the wiki and then - to be sure - the mailing
list after all.

I'm opposed to a documentation Wiki for much the same reasons that
David mentioned.

Yet I would be in favor of an easy to use feedback mechanism or even a
way to add comments and tips to existing documentation since I agree
that the hurdles for quick improvements to existing pages for
non-committers are much to high.

--
Ferdinand Soethe