forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Quick evaluation of Cocoon Portal Engine as forrest:views implementation
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:48:40 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> My first reaction to the coplet stuff was "Forrest is not a portal!",
> but then I tried to understand better, and it seems to make more sense.
>
> I'm not saying that I want it, but I agree with Ross that there is some
> interesting stuff there.

:-)

I'm not saying I want it either. I'm simply saying that we should
explore it.

> Maybe reading this could help in understanding why Forrest as a portal
> could make sense:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=101431895118349

Yes. I agree this is an interesting thread (that takes me back a very
long time too ;-)

It is great to see how close we are too the original concept, but also a
shame that we are so far from the implementing the complete wish list.

Ross