forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Improving our [proposal] Forrest Wiki
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:53:20 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> I understand Diwaker's unhappiness about our mailing lists as one
> major source of permanent information and believe that it would help
> to find an easy way of extracting important parts of on-list discussions
> into some kind of structured system.

Did you see my stuff about the mail -> Daisy app I have been working on?

Do you think this may help (no reason why it couldn't be made to work
with MBox files to get the archives)

> However in my view this would require somebody willing to do the
> editing of such a repository on an ongoing basis or otherwise we'd
> just end up searching the wiki and then - to be sure - the mailing
> list after all.

I agree

> Yet I would be in favor of an easy to use feedback mechanism or even a
> way to add comments and tips to existing documentation since I agree
> that the hurdles for quick improvements to existing pages for
> non-committers are much to high.

Daisy (or Lenya?) can do this if that is the route we want to go - I'm
all for gently lowering ourselves in and using other features as and
when we identify the need.

Ross