forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: [views] Change of processing paradigm of forrest
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:16:03 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>My point is that I can already do the this same processing with:
>>  <header>...</header>
>>    <xi:include src="/feeds/somefeed.xml"/>
> Does xi:include enable documents to be handled
> with the Cocoon cache? When that included document
> changes, does Cocoon contine to use the cached content
> rather than reloading?
> Perhaps aggregation using the sitemap would be better.

I am not claiming xi:include should be used, only that our current
processing techniques allow the kind of inclusion that Thorsten used as
an example of a change in our processing paradigm. It is not a change of
paradigm, only a change of configuration and implementation detail. The
fundamental behaviour remains the same.

View raw message