forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Anil Ramnanan <l...@peppersauce.org>
Subject Re: Config files
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:30:10 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> Yes, the original proposal you made was to allow multiple instances of
> Forrest to run on different ports, rather than a single instance of
> Forrest with multiple sites.

I was thinking that a single instance of Forrest with multiple sites
would be a more efficient method. Such as configuration would certainly
make that feature of the plugin easier to build.

> However, now that you bring it up it makes more sense for you to spend
> the time you have allocated to that deliverable on helping us design
> the perfect configuration system. I particularly like this since there
> are not enough of us to lead the various design discussions that will
> come about as soon as we are settled back into things.

I have no problem with that. With the configuration system changing I
would have to redo some of the features I would be writing anyway. I
would rather get the configuration right first.

> You are certainly on the right track. If you fancy writing up what you
> have gleaned from that discussion and Nicola's notes that would be
> really cool (GSoC mentor hat on - if you lead this design discussion
> we will scratch the multiple hosting in Eclipse as a deliverable for
> GSoC in order to make space for it)

I am listening to the config audio and trying to document as much as I
can. I'll have to save up so that I can come to the next hackathon :)

Anil.